Now at Easter we wanted to do a day trip with the children. Unfortunately, the weather is not quite play along and only Good Friday should be nice. So we did a trip yesterday.
We packed lunch and a cake and drove into a Dinopark. My “oldest” is totally on dinosaur fan and has been hugely happy. So we needed a cake which we could eat with our fingers. And the rhubarb I had home needed to be eaten. Quickly I made a pound cake with diced rhubarb.
Who likes to eat rhubarb? As a child in my parents garden we have eaten the rhubarb raw. Or pudding with rhubarb compote. Simply top-notch ..
How do you prefer the rhubarb?
Since I have prepared a few things for the trip including a pasta salad and “cheese”. Elsewhere more infos.
- 400 g of rhubarb (about 4 sticks) cut into 1 cm wide pieces and sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 chia eggs
- 150ml cashewcream
- 90g apple sauce unsweetened
- 135g yogurt unsweetened
- 1 pck of vanilla sugar
- 300g spelt flour
- 1Pck baking powder
- 115g sugar
- Mix dry and wet ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet to the dry and add the chia eggs. Mix everything with a kitchen machine to a smooth dough.
- Half of the rhubarb spread over it and press with the fingers into the dough. Sprinkle the remaining rhubarb over the dough and bake in the pre-heated oven at 175 ° Celsius top and bottom heat for 40 min.
- Toothpick sample to see if the dough is through. Let the cake cool down and enjoy 🙂