Vegan pesto sauce – cheesy and full of flavor like the original. With this delicious vegan pesto sauce you can quickly prepare a tasty pasta sauce without much frills. You only need 4 ingredients and in a few minutes you have created an incredibly delicious and oil-free pesto sauce. A delicious varied dinner or lunch is perfect for meal prep and freezing. This is a raw recipe and is also great for those who are looking to eat raw vegan. vegan | without oil | milk-free | lactose free | vegetarian | gluten free | without soy
A versatile vegan pesto sauce
Eat this Vegan Pesto Sauce with Pasta, Zoodles, Spaghetti Squash or use it as a delicious pizza sauce to prepare a delicious pesto pizza. If you would like to use this as a dip. Just use less water and you’ll get a creamy texture. Let your imagination run wild and show me your creations with the vegan pesto sauce.
What do you most like to eat with your pesto? Let me know below in the comments, I look forward to suggestions and new ideas.
Where does the cheese flavor in the vegan pesto sauce come from?
This vegan pesto sauce without cheese tastes surprisingly like the original. Are you wondering how I did it? The “secret ingredient” is actually quite simple: nutritional yeast (you get here) and light fermented miso paste (you get here, for a soy free version just leave the fermented product out, but it is giving the final whistle) and the main ingredient in pesto is clearly basil and of course we can use this without any problems. Here, access fresh and not dried basil to get the delicious, fresh basil flavor in the vegan pesto sauce.
Do you love Pesto? Then you should check out my favorite vegan Parmesan Recipe.
Did you try the recipe?
If you did it, be so nice ♥ and let me know by rating the recipe and writing what you think about it. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @veeatcookbake and my hashtag is #veeatcomforts. So that I can see your creation. Did you know you can add photos on Pinterest under the recipe Pin? I can’t wait to see a photo of your creation there. You find me with VeeatCookBake.
- 140 g of fresh basil leaves
- 90 g of raw cashews or other nuts or seeds such as sunflower seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of yeast flakes (this tastes best)
- 1 tbsp light miso paste
- 8 tablespoons water or more depending on how liquid you want it
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, add the cashews and water to a high speed blender (food processor or blender) and mix until creamy.
- For the Vegan Pesto Sauce add all the remaining ingredients and mix again vigorously until the basil has reached the desired size.
- * I like to make a larger amount and freeze a portion of the Vegan Pesto Sauce in little portions.