Finally the time has come and you get the delicious recipe of my gravy. This vegan gravy also tastes great with potatoes.
You have decided
After I asked you in my Insta story if you even want this recipe. And you guys decided for the recipe. So look forward to the recipe.
What is great about the recipe, you are relatively flexible in terms of seasoning. In my recipe are more likely the spices for a normal gravy. If you want them to taste like poultry, you can just take a poultry spice. I can also give you an exact recipe if you want. Just let me know in the comments below and I will work on an exact recipe.
Until then, just enjoy this delicious gravy.
Spices are everything
I think spices are the most important part of a recipe. You can recreate everything with the right spices and you just do not need any cruelty.
I’m happy to see pictures of you. Tag me with @veeatcookbake and #veeatcookbake in the picture and in the description on Instagram and Facebook, so I will not miss anything from you. I’m looking forward to it and absolutely can not wait. I’m also pleased when you review my recipe on Pinterest, so that others will see what you think about it.
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms in slices
- ½ leek, in rings
- ⅛ celeriac, in rough dices
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 250 ml red wine, vegan
- 1.5 liters of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 tsp thyme, marjoram, sage
- ½ tsp allspice, coriander, caraway, grounded
- 1 TL Marmite (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut the vegetables as written above.
- Fry the onion and mushrooms in a pan. Possibly. with some oil. Who wants it without oil
- Add the remaining vegetables and sauté briefly
- Add the red wine. Only so much that just the bottom of the pan is covered. Simmer until the wine is overcooked. You repeat this until the wine is used up. The vegetables are looking pretty dark now. That's exactly what we want, so the sauce gets its right taste.
- Now pour water in and add the spices. Bring to a boil and put out the stove..
- After 2 hours or more, you can sieve the sauce. For this I take a fine mesh sieve.
- Boil the sauce again briefly in the pot and bind with starch if necessary or cook until the desired consistency is achieved. Taste it again, season it
Save for later: