Green bean soup – a classic dish – which not only fits perfectly during the prune (plum) season. A recipe for a hearty and quick, vegan green bean soup that’s perfect for meal prepping or simply as delicious, light dinner on busy days. vegan | plantbased | gluten free | nut free
Vegan green bean soup: quick veganised
As a real Comfort Foodie, a vegan green bean soup cannot be missed. This soup is veganized quickly. I take fresh soup vegetables (celery root, leeks, carrots, parsley, onion) and make a strong vegetable broth. This is the most important basis for a delicious savory vegan green bean soup. If you do not want to miss the smoky taste, you can use some smoked salt or liquid smoke.
Green bean soup and (prune) plum cake
In my home you eat prune cake and in my case vegan green bean soup together. Do you know this combination? If not, you should definitely try it. I like to eat it. If you do not know this combination, what do you prefer to eat with a vegan green bean soup? However, if we do not have time to make a real cake, we make some prune pancakes to eat it with the soup.
If you are curious about the recipe for plum pancakes and pies/ cakes, then just let me know in the comments below.
Did you try the recipe?
If you did it, be so nice ♥ and let me know by rating the recipe and writing what you think about it. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @veeatcookbake and my hashtag is #veeatcomforts. So that I can see your creation. Did you know you can add photos on Pinterest under the recipe Pin? I can’t wait to see a photo of your creation there. You find me with VeeatCookBake.
- 1 kg of green beans
- 500 g of potatoes
- ⅛ celery root (celeriac)
- 1 leek
- 3 medium sized carrots
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp savory
- 2 l of water
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke - optional-
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the celery root into thin cubes, the leek into fine rings, and the carrots into slices. Dice the onion Cut the parsley very fine.
- Cut the beans and potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Fry onion, celery root, leek, carrots vigorously in a little oil or water. Add all remaining ingredients and let it boil until the potatoes, carrots and beans are tender
- Taste again with salt and pepper
- We like to eat the soup with plum cake or pancakes.
Join my Mailing List and get a exclusive monthly recipe + your copy of my eBook