This post is also available in: Deutsch
If you miss the intense taste of Gorgonzola cheese, you will find the right sauce here. The cashew based sauce does not contain soy, oil or dairy products.
After a long time back and forth, I have struggled to taste myself by trying an intense cheesy sauce. Before we started to eat plantbased, my best friend Kristina and I cooked a Gorgonzola sauce together.
After she asked me to try such a tasty sauce, I actually dared to do it and I have to say that this vegan Gorgonzola sauce is deliciously tasty.
Try this sauce and show me your creations. Tag me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter with @veeatcookbake and uses #veeatcookbake. So I can not miss any of your re-creations.. I am really looking forward to your creations.
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 10 min
- Dice the onion and the garlic clove very finely, I take my chopper for that. This is fast and the onion and garlic are super fine.
- Sauté in a pan with a little bit water until glassy. Add more water, but only as much as the ground is covered.
- Drain the cashews and rinse.
- Now put the cashews, the water and the remaining ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Now at the highest level (my 10's) mix for 10-20 seconds. You should mix until you have a creamy consistency without pieces
- You can now taste to season.
- add the cashew cream to the onions and bring to boil
- Maybe add some more water if the sauce is too thick for you, it is too liquid for you let it boil a little longer.