Hello my dear fellows,
With this delicious version of the kebab, you will not miss the original kebab with meat. Here is a delicious vegan version of the popular kebab. Why should miss meals if you can veganize it easily? vegan | wheatfree | sugarfree
Why I just want to share this delicious kebab with you?
Very simple, you have to try this really. After we have a kebab in almost every corner in Germany, and we really liked to eat it in our “non-vegan” time, my husband and I craved it.
After I had also still left TVP of my “cream veal strips”, I found the perfect uses of the remaining chunks.
Where does the kebab get its taste from?
After I had explored the Internet, with which spices the kebab is seasoned, I have created for us the perfect composition of the spices. To insert the shreds I used among others: Oregano, thyme, turmeric, lemon juice, garlic. And let it in the fride overnight.
For the tasty sauce, which in my opinion also makes a lot of the taste, I used plant yoghurt diluted with water. And all without adding oil. This sauce I could have simply spoon empty. Or just dribble over potato wedges.
The kebab bread
Who would like to bake homemade kebab bread get here a delicious recipe. Or simply buy small bread rolls. The kebab sandwiches are relatively prepared. And of course, tastes much better when they are self-baked.
As an accompaniment, there was still onion, cabbage white and red, pepperoni, iceberg salad, tomato.
Enjoy this delicious meal and take a photo of your creation and tag me with @veeatcookbake/# veeatcomforts. I do not miss anything of you. Can’t wait to see your food.
- 2 onion, grated (3 tsp onion powder)
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed (2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 tbsp vegetable broth
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 100 - 150 g dry TVP strips
- Sufficient vegetable broth to cover the TVP strips
- 375 g of plant yoghurt, unsweetened
- 60 ml of water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1,5 tsp nut butter (almond white or cashew or your homemade)
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- Herbs as desired (parsley or chives)
- 400 g flour (spelt flour)
- 105 ml of plant milk
- 105 ml of water (optional sparkling water)
- 42 g fresh yeast (21 g active dry yeast)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 25 g of nut butter (white almond or cashew)
- 18g of salt
- 3 tbsp Aquafaba
- 2 knife tips turmeric
- 1 tbsp Aquafaba
- ½ Msp turmeric
- 2 tablespoons planting drink
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sesame (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black cumin (optional)
- Onions cut into rings
- Iceberg salad in fine strips
- Tomatoes in slices
- Pickled pepperoni
- Day before
- Put the soya strips in hot broth two hours before. If they are fully sucked, cut into very thin strips. Really thin, as thin as you can
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and put the sliced soya strips in it.
- Best in a lockable can and put it overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day you can fry these in a coated pan.
- For the sauce you also take all the ingredients and stir them. Creates a creamy consistency.
- If you like, you can prepare it one day before.
- Put the yeast, water and maple syrup in a bowl and leave it for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, you can measure all other ingredients and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the mixture of yeast and knead with the kneading hook to a smooth dough.
- Let the dough stand for about 1 hour at room temperature until the dough has doubled.
- Now you can finish the mixture for brushing. Simply mix all ingredients except sesame and black cumin.
- Now knead the whole thing again and divide the dough into 4 equal-sized parts.
- Roll this round (about 1 inch thick) and brush it with the Aquafaba mixture. And spread the sesame and black curd evenly.
- Leave the whole covered for about 30 minutes and heat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Bake the bread for about 20 minutes or until the desired tanning degree is reached
- Slice the bread open like a bun. Let one end close.
- Put the soy strips in.
- Cover with sauce
- Put your other ingredients of your choice and put some sauce again
What else I used: