A vegan omelet without egg (of course, it is vegan;)) and the typical egg substitute tofu. With this vegan omelet of chickpeas, you score with your friends and relatives at every breakfast. Be it an extensive Sunday breakfast or for Easter brunch with the family. Now in the fall season, the plant-based omelet tastes especially good with pumpkin. Of course, you can change the filling as you wish. vegan | egg free | milk-free | lactose free | without soy | gluten free
Vegan omelet and where does the taste come from?
Before I started to eat whole food plant based, I never really liked the exaggerated taste of eggs, let alone the consistency of pure, hard-boiled egg whites. BUT with this vegan omelet it tastes just excellent and discreet to egg. All of my vegan versions, from egg salad to scrambled eggs, taste so much better than the non-vegan version. And I’m sure you will enjoy this omelet with chickpea flour very well. Now I have tortured you enough. I love the Indian sulfur salt, which looks black and smells very much like egg (sulfur), for my vegan omelet. The “egg” salt is also known as Kala Namak. I do not know if you can get it in the normal business. I ordered mine here.
Vegan omelet so versatile
An omelet is so versatile. Depending on the season, you can fill it with spring vegetables. Today I’ll show you an fall version of the vegan omelet with pumpkin. It tastes great with the right spices. Try it. You will not regret it. And if pumpkin is your go-to fall veggie, then you should try this one.
The vegan omelet can also be folded very well. I did not do it for the photos, so you can see the nice pumpkin filling.
Write me down in the comments with which foods you like to fill your omelet. I am looking forward to reading from you.
Did you try the recipe?
If you did it, be so nice ♥ and let me know by rating the recipe and writing what you think about it. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @veeatcookbake and my hashtag is #veeatcomforts. So that I can see your creation. Did you know you can add photos on Pinterest under the recipe Pin? I can’t wait to see a photo of your creation there. You find me with VeeatCookBake.
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp of yeast flakes
- 2 pinches turmeric, Kala Namak, garlic powder, onion powder
- Plant drink (milk) until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Hakkaido pumpkin (there you can eat the shell as well.
- Onion in strips
- Ginger, cinnamon, allspice or others
- Fry the onions and sliced pumpkin in a pan. Until it is soft as you would like it to be.
- Add some of your favorite seasonal spices like cinnamon, ginger, allspice.
- Now it's time to make the vegan omelet. Whisk all ingredients to a dough and put half of it in a pan and add the pumpkin and onion. Let it bake and then fold it in half.