This post is also available in: Deutsch
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission. Please see my full policy.*
You want to eat less meat? Or you already eat plantbased, but you still looking for THE alternative for a delicious vegan burger? Then you should definitely try these black bean patties. – vegan, dairyfree, oilfree, plantbased, eggfree
Thanks to their firm consistency, they can not only be prepared in the pan, you can throw the black bean patties on the grill without hesitation.
I like to prepare these in larger quantities and then freeze them. Before doing this I bake them in the oven for a few minutes. We do not just like eating these patties as a burger. Those patties also go well with potatoes and veggies. Or, instead of making patties, make some balls and play with the spices.
Did you try the recipe?
If you did it, be so nice ♥ and let me know by rating the recipe and writing what you think about it. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @veeatcookbake and my hashtag is #veeatcomforts. So that I can see your creation. Did you know you can add photos on Pinterest under the recipe Pin? I can’t wait to see a photo of your creation there. You find me with VeeatCookBake.
- 1 can of black beans
- ½ cup quick oats (gluten-free), ground
- ½ cup whole spelt flour or gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup bread crumbs, grounded(gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 1 tbsp gluten or cornstarch
- ½ - 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon Marmite in 50 ml of water (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper, ground white
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ tsp curry
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ⅛ TL Cayenne
- ⅛ tsp Chipotle Paprika
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Put the black beans with the liquid in a mixing bowl and pound into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. I always take my chopper from Tupper.
- Now you can actually mix all the ingredients together. It should form a solid mass. Possibly add a little more flour or water.
- Now you can spice it up to your taste.
- Now you can make 6 equal sized patties out of it. You can also make smaller or bigger ones, depending on how you like them.
- If you want to use the patties directly, you can fry them in a pan from both sides until they are brown.
- If you want to freeze them, or throw them on the grill, I would bake them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, so that they are relatively firm on the outside.
Join my Mailing List and get a exclusive monthly recipe
Pin for Later: