This vegan tuna salad with jackfruit and chickpeas is creamy and textured like the non vegan Tuna salad. With two ingredients it gets its sea taste. We cannot get enough of it. It is perfect for example as a sandwich or tossed just over a lettuce salad.
I can not wait to see your creations. So that I do not miss anything from you, please tag me on Instagram, Facebook with @veeatcookbake and #veeatcookbake. Or add your photo on my Pin on Pinterest.
Until then, I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest (@veeatcookbake) and do not miss any news.
Have a lot of fun with trying out.
|Untuna salad|| || |
- It's best to start the evening before. Rinse the jackfruit and cut off the hard part. So far, I do not know how to use it, but I'm still looking for something.
- Now you put these textured parts in enough hot water.
- Add the wakame flakes. Wakame is a dried seaweed that gives it its typical fishy taste.
- The next day, you can rinse the jackfruit and discard the wakame flakes or use it otherwise.
- Rinse the chickpeas. Catch the liquid, you can use them as an egg substitute in various recipes. Just have a look on my page.
- Put the chickpeas in a high speed blender and mix vigorously until it is a very creamy consistency. Now you can add the jackfruit and mix once. For this I use the pulse function of my blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and give the whole thing a short pulse again.
- Put the Untuna salad in a bowl and taste it again. Add more salt or kelp powder.
- Just look how it tastes you best.
- Now it is ready to serve.
Pin for later: