These tasty potato dumplings are a perfect alternative. The vegan potato dumplings are delicious and taste great with a cream sauce.
Do you love mushrooms and potatoes and just can not get enough of it? With this recipe comes variety in your kitchen. You just do not know which way you can eat potatoes, instead of the normal way like: boiled potatoes, baked and fried potatoes. Then try these delicious seasoned potato dumplings.
I’m glad to see your creations (photos). So that I do not miss a single photo, please tag me with @veeatcookbake and #veeatcookbake on Facebook, Instagram. Or add the photo directly on my pin. So as I said, I’m really happy to see your final result.
|Majoram potato dumplings with creamy mushroom gravey|| |
- 900 g potatoes, cooked
- 3 onions
- 3-4 tablespoons potato starch
- 2-3 teaspoons marjoram, dried
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g of mushrooms (I usually get different, tastes best: mushrooms,steinpilz, chanterelles or just those you just find)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 g cashews, soaked
- 500 ml of water
- 2-3 teaspoons mushroom spice
- Place water for the dumplings. Press the potatoes through a potato press or mash them. I think it works better with the press.
- Finely chop the onions using my little chopper.
- Mix all ingredients together. It should have created a mass from which you can easily form dumplings.
- Boil the water, reduce the heat, so that the water only simmers and not boils with bubbles. When the water is boiling properly, the dumplings fall apart.
- Slowly add the dumplings to the hot water. The dumplings are good when swimming up.
- Blend the soaked cashews with the sauce until creamy. This is best done with a high speed blender.
- Slice or quarter the mushrooms and sauté in a pan with the finely diced onions and garlic. If the mushrooms are seared vigorously, you can add the cashew cream and if necessary add some more water. Until the desired consistency is achieved. Now season the sauce. In addition you take my mushroom spice. Depending on the taste you can take more or less of it.
Pin for later: