This post is also available in: Deutsch
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read More
Vegan sauce Hollandaise is the classic of all classics when it comes to eating asparagus. Of course I do not want to deprive you of this yummy vegan hollandaise sauce. It tastes great with green or white asparagus. Or just boil some potatoes and dip them in the super delicious sauce. Plantbased | milkfree | eggfree | less fat | soyfree.
Are you also a sauce lover like me? Then you will love this vegan sauce Hollandaise. Sometimes it just can not be enough sauce for me. You should definitely look for my vegan gravy. I could spoon these as a soup.
But now back to the delicious vegan sauce hollandaise. Here in the US we still get asparagus to buy. Unfortunately only the greens. I will make this sauce in the next few days again with the green asparagus instead of the white. Did you know that the white asparagus here totally seldem to get? So far, I have seen it fresh just once. The best, we have German weeks at a well-known German discounter here in the USA. Then at least I get canned white asparagus. Is used them as a salad, soup or with this delicious sauce.
Did you try the recipe?
If you did it, be so nice ♥ and let me know by rating the recipe and writing what you think about it. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @veeatcookbake and my hashtag is #veeatcomforts. So that I can see your creation.
- 20 g of native olive oil
- 20 g spelt flour
- 100 ml of cashew cream
- 100 ml of plant milk
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 20 ml vegan white wine (optional) think it gives that something certain
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
- Heat oil in a pot. Prepare flour and cashew cream with plant milk.
- While stirring, add the flour to the oil until the flour absorbs all the oil. Just do not stop stirring, otherwise lumps may form.
- Now add the cream / milk with constant stirring. Same procedure with the vegetable broth. Now let it boil. The sauce ishould be thickening,now.
- Season with white wine, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Taste maybe add some more spices.
Join my Mailing List and get a exclusive monthly recipe