This mellow and juicy rhubarb meringue cake with an aquafaba meringue is vegan / plantbased. The dripping water of chick peas is used for the meringue. vegan, dairyfree, eggfree, oilfree
Soon, unfortunately, the rhubarb season is over. We quickly use the fresh rhubarb from the garden and bake a delicious rhubarb cake. I love these sour stalks.
What are your favorite rhubarb recipes?
Have you wondered how long the season for rhubarb is going? Rhubarb rings the harvest time. The garden season usually starts with rhubarb in early April. From this point on, you can actually harvest the stalks uninterruptedly and create goodies from it. From 24 June (Midsummer), however, this should not be harvest anymore.
Why do you ask now? On the one hand the plant should have the possibility to regenerate up to the winter and from this time contain the stems increased oxalic acid which not everyone tolerates.
Would you like to plant rhubarb?
For this you have to calculate one to two years of start-up time, then you can harvest the first time. In the second year, you should only harvest until May, then you will be rewarded in the following year with a lush harvest.
Rhubarb a vegetable instead of a fruit
Did you know that the rhubarb belongs to the vegetable? In the stores you find it usually in the fruit section. However, when you look at the exact definition of vegetables and fruits, rhubarb belongs to vegetables. The use of rhubarb speaks rather for the assignment to fruit (compote, jam, cakes, juice) like this rhubarb meringue cake.
Healthy and tasty
- Vitamin C
- strengthens our immune system
- 12 calories to 100 grams
- high fiber
|Aquafaba meringue rhubarb bars|| |
- 300gspelt flour
- 15g baking powder
- 150g soy or coconut yoghurt
- 6 tbspapple sauce unsweetend
- 40 g cane sugar
- Vanilla grinder
- 700-800g rhubarb
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C and place a baking pan with baking paper
- Mix all ingredients for the dough into a homogeneous dough
- Spread the dough on a baking pan
- Put the pieces of rhubarb on the cake dough
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes
- minutes before baking time prepare the meringue.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a kitchen machine or a hand mixer.
- Depending on the device, this may take some time. It looks like beaten egg whites
- After 25 min. baking time spread the aquafaba on the cake and bake again. Turn the oven to 90 degrees Celsius. Now bake until the meringue is slightly brown.
- Now you can let the cake cool down. Cut into pieces.
- Enjoy the cake!
What I am using: