Do you have munchies for the popular US Cinnabons ?! But you do not know how to make these vegan? These cinnamon buns are very close to the popular buns. Convince yourself of this highly delicious, easy recipe.
Whoever has been in the United States, surely saw these cinnamon rolls in the malls. Before my vegan time I liked to eat these . Actually the buns are not really healthy but from time to time you need to eat something like this. And a bit healthier version of these, why not?
We just eat plantbased for a few months, but sometimes we habe munchies for such things. Unfortunately, these cinnamon rolls are anything but not vegan. Alone the cream cheese frosting speaks for itself.
My family loves the cinnemon rolls. They just do not get enough of these. And my children and I are the only ones who eat plantbased. The sister of my grandma came and swarms of the buns. She often asked me when I prepared these delicious cinnamon rolls again. And now it is time, yesterday I prepared this and today I am baking it. It is Friday again and my family meets every Friday afternoon for coffee and cake. This will be our cake.
I do not want you to be tortured any longer and here is the super delicious recipe. Show me your creations and tag me with veeatcookbake on facebook or instagram.
- ¼ cubes Fresh yeast or 3 tsp active dry yeast (vegan)
- 1 cup of warm oat or soy milk
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup
- ⅓ Cup of nut butter or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of unsweetend apple sauce
- 1 tsp cracked flax seeds
- 4-5 cups of spelt flour
- 1 cup of raw cane sugar or Mable Syrup
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon, ground
- ⅓ cup Nut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1½ cup powdered sugar or mable syrup
- 100 g of cashews
- ground vanilla (from the mill, for example)
- Place the warm milk with the maple syrup and the crumbled yeast in a bowl.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and add the yeast mixture. Mix with the kitchen machine to make a dough. Possibly. add a little more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Now you can let the dough rest in a warm place.
- About 1 hour. The dough should now have reached its double volume.
- Mix all ingredients to a mass.
- Add the cashews for 10 minutes in boiling water. For this I cook water with a water boiler and pour this over the Cashews and then leave it for 10 min.
- Now give the nuts in a food processor and mixes until the nuts are very fine, almost cream-like. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until a smooth cream is formed.
- Heats the oven to 180 ° C (350 F)
- Roll out the dough rectangular. Of the size about 40 * 30 cm. (15"x12")
- Now spread the cinnamon filling on the dough. Roll it up from the long side.
- Now divide the rolled dough into approx. 3 cm (1,5") thick parts. Should be 12 buns. And put it in a baking pan. Let this stand again for 15-30 min and then put the baking dish into the oven.
- After about 20 minutes, the cinnabons should be baked. Take the cinnamon rolls out of the oven and let them cool for 5 min.
- Spread the cashew frosting with a knife on the buns.
- Now you can already serve the cinnamon rolls. The best is to taste them lukewarm.
- Enjoy the delicious cinnemon buns.
If you are allergic to Cashews, you can also try almonds here. Or drained soy yoghurt. Let me know how you enjoyed it.
What I use:
Perfect for Pinning: