This post is also available in: Deutsch
These delicious pastry cupcakes with a vanilla cream filling are vegan and perfect to bring with for easter holiday. Everyone will love these apricot cupcakes, not just vegans. They taste incredibly refreshing and are therefore the perfect dessert or the perfect “cake” for afternoon snack (tea time). vegan | dairy-free | egg-free | vegetarian | plant-based
A Quick Easter Dessert with these pudding cupcakes with apricots
These cupcakes are perfect when you get guests for easter or you just crave something special? These pudding cupcakes are made super quick and taste awesome. They are family-proofed.
What plant-based milk do I prefer to make them?
I prefer almond milk or soy milk. They are pretty neutral in taste. When you love the taste of oats you can use oat milk as well. But here you have the taste of oats in the pudding and when you make this for non vegans, this is maybe something what they will notice.
Have you tried the recipe?
If you did it, be so nice ♥ and let me know by rating the recipe and writing what you think about it. Tag me on Instagram or Facebook too. I am @veeatcookbake and my hashtag is #veeatcomforts. So that I can see your creation. Did you know you can add photos on Pinterest under the recipe Pin? I can’t wait to see a photo of your creation there. You find me with VeeatCookBake.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the puff pastry into 11 equal squares. These squares should be big enough to fit nicely into a muffin shape. Mine were about 9cmx9cm. It's best to try it out. Put the puff pastry squares into the muffin dish so that it is well-filled and the pudding can be put in later.
- For the filling, put all remaining ingredients except the apricots in a saucepan and mix well so that no lumps are formed. Bring the almond milk to a boil and remove from the heat. Distribute the cream evenly on the puff pastry. It could be that there is still some pudding left. You can spoon it directly. It just tastes too good to keep it.
- Now put the apricot halves with the outside up, on top.
- Put the muffin tin in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Make sure that the puff pastry is nice and brown. Depending on the oven, it can be longer or shorter.