This Obatzda / Obatzter is in no way inferior to its Bavarian original. We like to eat this with pretzels / pretzels. The recipe for the pretzels can be found here.
Who knows Obatzda, knows that you need Camembert for creating Obatzda. For this I found a really tasty alternative in this cookbook, which I highly recommend. Anyone who misses the taste of cheese, is getting the right cookbook.
I’m happy to see your creations. Just tag me with @veeatcookbake on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest so I will not miss anything. I can not wait to see your creations.
- 250 g Vegan Camembert / Brie (I use the homemade from this BOOK)
- 140 gcashews (soak in boiling water for 20 min)
- ½ cup of water
- 50 g of onions cut very small, in the chopper from Tupper works best for me
- ground cumin to taste
- 4 tablespoons beer, non-alcoholic beer or almond milk
- 1 tbsp. Paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One day before I prepare the Camembert from this book. And put it in the fridge overnight.
- put Cashews, water, almond milk, cumin, paprika in a blender and mix it until a creamy consistency without pieces.
- Now weigh 250 g of Camembert / Brie and mix it with the cashews. This works best with a fork. So that rough pieces of the Camembert are left over.
- Now cut the onion very small and stir it under the mass with salt and pepper.
- Put the Obatzda in the fridge for at least 1 hour and taste again.