This Obatzda / Obatzter is in no way inferior to its Bavarian original. We like dipping pretzelse.
The recipe for the pretzels can be found here.
Who knows Obatzda, knows that you need Camembert for creating Obatzda. For this I found a really tasty alternative in this cookbook, which I highly recommend. Anyone who misses the taste of cheese, is getting the right cookbook.
I’m happy to see your creations. Just tag me with @veeatcookbake on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest so I will not miss anything. I can not wait to see your creations.
- 250 g Vegan Camembert / Brie (I use the homemade from this BOOK)
- 140 gcashews (soak in boiling water for 20 min)
- ½ cup of water
- 50 g of onions cut very small, in the chopper from Tupper works best for me
- ground cumin to taste
- 4 tablespoons beer, non-alcoholic beer or almond milk
- 1 tbsp. Paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One day before I prepare the Camembert from this book. And put it in the fridge overnight.
- put Cashews, water, almond milk, cumin, paprika in a blender and mix it until a creamy consistency without pieces.
- Now weigh 250 g of Camembert / Brie and mix it with the cashews. This works best with a fork. So that rough pieces of the Camembert are left over.
- Now cut the onion very small and stir it under the mass with salt and pepper.
- Put the Obatzda in the fridge for at least 1 hour and taste again.