This post is also available in: Deutsch
This strawberry fennel salad with Sweet strawberries combined with crispy fennel and fresh green lettuce in a fruity sour rhubarb (currant) dressing for a quick, refreshing dinner or bringing to a potluck /cookout. vegan | glutenfree
The strawberry season is almost over. So let’s enjoy the last seasonal strawberries in this delicious strawberry fennel salad. You can add a bit of arugula to the lettuce and you will get a delicious spicy, nutty taste.
In addition, you can either add the included avocado in the dressing and finely puree or you cut them up and give the avocado over the strawberry fennel salad. If you want to avoid oil in the dressing, then you can easily replace the oil with the avocado. Whether you make the half avocado or the whole in the dressing. It is up to you.
Did I make you curious about the dressing?
The dressing contains:
- Rhubarb or currants (depending on the season)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- red wine vinegar
- good olive oil
If you do not like rhubarb or currants, of course you can use other fruits to your liking. Try a slightly sour fruit variety, that gives that something special. I can imagine golden berries will taste great too.
Can you guess what comes in the strawberry fennel salad? Ha, exactly strawberries and fennel. 😉 And some more:
- Lettuce (arugula, corn salad, lettuce etc.)
- spring onions
The strawberry fennel salad is made quickly. You will need a few kitchen utensils like a grater, food processor for dressing a hand mixer may also do it. I have not tried it though. Feel free to write me down in the comments on how it worked if you use a hand mixer.
Otherwise, the salad is really super easy and quickly prepared during the week.
Did you try the recipe?
If you did it, be so nice ♥ and let me know by rating the recipe and writing what you think about it. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @veeatcookbake and my hashtag is #veeatcomforts. So that I can see your creation. Did you know you can add photos on Pinterest under the recipe Pin? I can’t wait to see a photo of your creation there. You find me with VeeatCookBake.
- 1 fennel
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Good olive oil
- 1 small lettuce like Boston lettuce or a mix of different green lettuce
- 1 B. Spring onion
- 250 grams of strawberries
- 1 avocado
- 1 small stick of rhubarb or 100 g currants
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Grate the fennel roughly and marinate in citrus juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt, pepper
- In the meantime, cut he leaf salad and blanch the rhubarb for a short time
- Now you can prepare the dressing. Puree All the ingredients for dressing, except for the onions. Dice the onion finely.
- Cut the remaining ingredients into mouth-friendly pieces.
- Put everything on a plate or bowl and mix with the dressing.
Join my Mailing List and get a exclusive monthly recipe