Do you like Mexican food as much as we like ?! With a toddler and baby we make it seldom to a restaurant. So the Mexican had to come to our house.
And I must say it was much better. There were quinoa as meat substitutes. I have to say, the fried Quinoa tasted without a side dish super delicious. For flavoring, I used typical Taco spices, such as cumin, peppers and chilli peppers.
The leftover (quinoa) you can also eat with Mediterranean vegetables.
How do you veganize your Mexican dishes? Let me know in the comments.
As toppings we bought the ingredients for a classic taco: iceberg salad, tomatoes, “Sourcream”. There are, however, no limits for variations.
Which variant do you like?
For this we had a classic salsa sauce. I will also dare to make a homemade.
Now here’s the recipe:
- Taco Schells
- Approx. 100 g Quinoa
- Diced tomatoes
- Iceberg salad sliced
- Sour cream vegan (optional)
- Vegan cheese (optional) I had simply v
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, onion, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, pepper
- 1 pinch of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilipulver
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste with 1 teaspoonful of water
- boil quinoa.
- In the meantime, prepare the remaining Toppings.
- Put the cooked quinoa in a pan and season well. I use coconut oil. Fry Quinoa. Add the tomato paste and stir well. If it is your taste, you can take it out of the pan and start with the tacos.
Bon Appetite 🙂