Do you make soymilk at home, too? And you do not know what you should do with the leftover Okara (soy residue in the nut bag). I have a suitable recipe for you here. An Italian sausage, a famous sausage in the states. Spices are the secret ingredients for the taste.
You can BBQ, frying or baking the sausage. Try it out. You can eat it in a bun or making some balls and eating with pasta and marinara sauce. It is your choice how you want to eat it. You can make a big batch and freeze them until you use them.
Do you make the sausages. Then tag me on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest @veeatcookbake. I am looking forward to here from you.
- 1½ cups of Okara
- ½ cup of gluten
- ¼ cup of whole grain flour like wheat, spelt
- 2 tbspsoy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp of fennel seeds, roasted
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp dry red wine (optional) or 1 tbsp grape juice and 0.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- a little water until a homogenous dough is formed
- Measure the spices and pound in a mortar.
- Measure all remaining ingredients and place with the spices in a bowl.
- Now knead until a homogeneous dough is formed that does not stick.
- If necessary add some water or some flour.
- Taste the dough, maybe use some more spices until you reach your desire taste.
- Now form sausages out of the mass and fry them from each side until they have a nice color.
Maybe you like: