This delicious summer salad is refreshing and sweet. Spicy arugula suits perfectly to sweet mango. From these two ingredients, we can conjure up a sweet, refreshing salad.
Finally, the best time of the year for me. We can do a lot of activities outside and relax. Are you feeling also much better when you can do great things outside and the weather is great?
After the spring was rather cold and rainy, we can hope for a nice summer. And the best thing in summer is when there is a lot of fresh vegetables / fruit.
Do you have a garden and grow some veggies or fruits?
At the moment, I can still pilfering a lot in the garden of my parents / aunt or enjoy it with homemade jam / canned beets. Unfortunately, this comes to an end soon. For example, I can take the delicious, spicy, slightly nutty arugula from my aunt’s garden. Personally, I like this much much better than the purchased one.
What do you grow in your garden? Or you do not have yet but you would like to grow fruit / vegetables. Which variety should not be missing?
Rucola – where does the sharpness come from? And usage…
Have you already asked yourself, where the light sharpness in the rocket comes from. Arugola (rocket) contains, among other things, mustard oil, which provides a sharp taste. From April to November, you can use rucola as a salad, pizza, risotto or pasta dish. If you are not lucky like me and can pick this fresh, then be careful when buying. Buy just strong green and undamaged leaves. If the arugula is blooming, then the leaves taste too bitter to use. When preparing, dispose of the stems, which contain a lot of nitrate, which is converted into dangerous nitrite during digestion.
Not only a hit also healthy
- Senf oils can protect against infections and diseases (like cancer)
- High iodine content (especially recommended for thyroid function)
- folic acid
- Vitamin C
- Has a digestive and dehydrating effect
What is your favorite dish with rocket (arugula)?
Unfortunately, no mango is cultivated in our latitudes. The refreshing sweet fruit not only tastes good as a snack but also in various dishes and is very healthy:
- Used as a remedy. The following is said about mango:
- has a soothing effect on intestines
- stops bleeding
- Strengthens the heart
- Preventing colds and infections
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
Mushrooms a vitamin D supplier
It is a well-known fact that we absorb vitamin through solar radiation over the skin. This also applies to mushrooms. Mushrooms (cooked) contain 2.15 μg per 100 g. For this, you can simply place the mushrooms in the sun even after the harvest.
If you have any questions or suggestions, write a comment. I will also reply. I hope you like this tasty refreshing and healthy summer salad as well as me.
- Roast the pine nuts (without oil) and put aside.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into slices. For this I like to use an egg cutter. Champignons, So you have perfectly sliced mushrooms with less effort
- Fry these in a pan and taste with salt, pepper and paprika
- Wash the arugola and cut the stems off
- Peel the mango and cut into cubes.
- Now you can put all on a plate.Arugola, tomatoes, mango. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Add the mushrooms and pine nuts.
Maybe you like: