Summer is coming, or is it already arrived? Why a hearty soup, you ask yourself? This soup tastes great on cool, rainy summer days or even on hot days. I’m one of the people who can eat soup at any time of the year. So it is with the lentil soup. What kind of person are you?
For example, in the summer we also cook soup over the fire outside. We also have a great soup kettle that is simply hung over the fire pit.
Use summer vegetables
You do not want to miss out on the delicious summer vegetables in the summer? Then just take a few handfuls of your favorite vegetables and add them to the recipe.
Of course, you can do this in the winter with seasonal vegetables.
Add salt later
When cooking lentils, it is important that you add the salt to taste, only after cooking. When the lentils already soft. Otherwise they need more time for getting soft.
I am also pleased with this recipe to see your creation. For this you can post your photo on Instagram and tag me in the photo and in the caption. Just use @veeatcookbake and #veeatcookbake. On Pinterest, I’m happy if you add your photo to the respective pin.
- 2 cups of lentils
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 carrot in bite sized pieces
- 2 potatoes in bite sized pieces
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of smoked salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of Marmite
- ½ teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the diced onion and garlic in a little water.
- Cut the potatoes and carrot into bite-sized pieces and place them with the lentils and water in a pressure cooker.
- Cook the lentils for about 30 minutes. Let the pressure cooker cool down or let the steam out slowly.
- Possibly you have to add some more water. Depending on how you like it the consistency.
- Are the lentils soft enough for you, add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil againg and season with salt and pepper.
Pin for later