This post is also available in: Deutsch
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission. Please see my full policy.*
Cauliflower or Romanesco for seitan cauliflower / romanesco casseroleI found this great Romanesco here at the farmer's market and I knew exactly what I would do with it. My mom used to cook cauliflower casserole and I loved this casserole. My mom's variant, however, includes ground meat and accordingly I had not eaten it for some time now. So I tried a vegan version. And I have to say, the bean-TVP mass was very similar in taste and texture to ground meat. In general, use cauliflower for this seitan cauliflower / romanesco casserole. If you get a great Romanesco, then try this recipe. Does it not look wonderful with the structure of the Romanesco? It's like a plant from a different planet. At first I was a little worried if the mass dissolved into the sauce. However, I had no reason for my fears. It is just important to bake it prior. This seitan cauliflower / romanesco casserola also convinced my little daughter.
What do you need for the seitan cauliflower/ romanesco casserole
- Cauliflower or Romanesco
- Plant milk
- Cooking broth of cauliflower
- Black beans
- Gluten flour
- Coconut oil
- Side dish (we like to eat boiled potatoes)
Instructions for the Seitan Cauliflower / Romanesco Casserole
Did you try the recipe? If you did it, be so nice ♥ and let me know by rating the recipe and writing what you think about it. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @veeatcookbake and my hashtag is #veeatcomforts. On Facebook you can add your meal on my Facebook Page. So that I can see your creation. Did you know you can add photos on Pinterest under the recipe Pin? I can’t wait to see a photo of your creation there. You find me with VeeatCookBake.
- Seitan mass:
- 100 g ofsoy granules (TVP)
- ½ tsp thyme, rosemary, pepper, paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cans of black beans or kidney beans
- ½ tsp thyme, rosemary, pepper, paprika, smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cups of gluten powder (more or less depending on consistency)
- 1 cauliflower or Romanesco
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 400 ml of plant milk (soy, cashew or almond)
- 600 ml of cooking water of Romanescos
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- cook for about 10 minutes the Romanesco / cauliflower in plenty of water
- In the meantime you can soak the TVP in boiling water with the spices.
- Puree the black beans with the spices, soy sauce.
- Now mix the TVP, the bean mass, onions and gluten flour to a homogeneous dough. Knead for 10 mins.
- Spread the dough in a ovenproof pot. I am using a lodge pot. I distribute this always on the edge, so that a ring is created and you can put the / Cauliflower Romanesco in the middle.
- Put the pot in the preheated oven (350 ° F) for approx. 40 min.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Put the coconut oil in a pot and melt it. Add the flour and stir with a whisk until the oil is absorbed by the flour. Now add the plant milk slowly and the cooking water slowly with constant stirring.
- Taste the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Now put the Cauliflower/ Romanesco on the seitan mass and pour the sauce over it.
- Bake it for another 30 min
- Serve with boiled potatoes and a green salad.
What can be useful to have:
Join my Mailing List and get a exclusive monthly recipe
Save it on pinterest for later: