I often think about what I could cook which would like my lovely children. At the moment my two-year-old is totally picky about the food. Preferably noodles, rice, potatoes and these without sauce. With vegetables I do not need to come. Nuts and grains are very popular, too. Do you have such picky children?
Let me know what tricks you have to cheer them vegetables. 🙂
Now I have found a recipe on veggies don’t bite, which should tasting my picky two-year-old. simple ingredients. NOODLES, POTATOES AND CASHEWS. Perfect!!
The contained vegetables are pureed in the sauce. A great prerequisite to cheer it up.
And the mac & cheese tasted really delicious, beautifully creamy.
The recipe itself I have slightly modified. Here is my modified version. You can take a look what you like more 🙂 because I take nut butter instead of raw Cashews you can use a immersion blender.
Recipe for 500 g of noodles:
Adapted by veggies don’t bite
- 500 g of noodles
- 4 Medium potatoes (yellow buttery kind)
- 2 tbsp nut butter (White Almond Butter or Cashew Butter)
- 1/2 vegetable onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 150 g of parsnip, white carrot or parsley root (most neutral are the carrots, I had parsnake)
- 1/3 Yellow peppers
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp mustard dijon or ground Mustard Seed
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg for seasoning
- Peel the potatoes, chop and cook until tender.
- Peel the onions and garlic , cut them. Put it in a second pan until the onion is glazed.
- Add the remaining chopped vegetables to the onions, add some water. And let it boil until it is soft.
- Add the potatoes to a stand mixer or immersion blender and mix until they become sticky. Then add the butter and stir again. Add the remaining ingredients except for the spices and mix until everything has a pulpy consistency without pieces.
- Now the spices add briefly mix and taste. If necessary thinner with water, you can use the boiling water from the vegetables. Mix the sauce with the noodles and serve.
Enjoy the meal 🙂