Hello my dear fellows,
This delicious variation of the kebab, you do not miss the original kebab with meat. Here is a delicious vegan version of the popular kebab. Why should miss meals if you can veganize it easily?
You have not been able to read anything from me here on the blog for a long time. At the moment there is quite a lot going on in our lives and I try to write a new post once a week from now on. There is a big move abroad, or rather to the USA. And the rest of the time in Germany, I would like to enjoy the time with my parents / family. Added to this, of course, my two little rabbits take a lot of time, too. But hey, the time that they are so small comes only once. So I try my best to provide you with great recipes.
Follow me on Instagram, there you can see more often, what I try out and what we eat during the week. I also write a short text with some infos about me, my life..
Why I just want to share this delicious kebab with you?
Very simple, you have to try this really. After we have a kebab in almost every corner here in Germany, and we really liked to eat it in our “non-vegan” time, my husband and I once wanted it. We had so munchies for it.
After I had also still left TVP of my “cream veal strips”, I found the perfect uses of the remaining strips.
Where does the kebab get its taste?
After I had explored the Internet, with which spices the kebab gets its taste, I have created for us the perfect composition of the spices. To insert the shreds I used among others: Oregano, thyme, turmeric, lemon juice, garlic. The whole I have let go with the shreds over night.
For the tasty sauce, which in my opinion also makes a lot of the taste, I used plant yoghurt diluted with water. And all without adding oil. This sauce I could have simply spoon empty. Or just dribble over potato wedges.
The kebab bread
Who would like to bake homemade kebab bread get here a delicious recipe. Or simply buy small bread rolls. The kebab sandwiches are relatively prepared. And of course, tastes much better when they are self-baked.
As an accompaniment, there was still onion, coleslaw white (red), pepperoni, iceberg salad, tomato.
Enjoy this delicious meal and take a photo of your creation and tag me with @/# veeatcookbake. I do not miss anything of you.
- 2 onion, grated (3 tsp onion powder)
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed (2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 tbsp vegetable broth
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 100 - 150 g dry TVP strips
- Sufficient vegetable broth to cover the TVP strips
- 375 g of plant yoghurt, unsweetened
- 60 ml of water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1,5 tsp nut butter (almond white or cashew or your homemade)
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- Herbs as desired (parsley or chives)
- 325 g flour (spelt flour)
- 85 ml of plant milk
- 85 ml of water (optional sparkling water)
- 42 g fresh yeast (21 g active dry yeast)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 20 g of nut butter (white almond or cashew)
- 15 g of salt
- 2.5 tbsp Aquafaba
- 2 knife tips turmeric
- 1 tbsp Aquafaba
- ½ Msp turmeric
- 2 tablespoons planting drink
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sesame (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black cumin (optional)
- coleslaw (white/red)
- Onions cut into rings
- Iceberg salad in fine strips
- Tomatoes in slices
- Pickled pepperoni
- Day before
- Put the soya strips in hot broth two hours before. If they are fully sucked, cut into very thin strips. Really thin, as thin as you can
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and put the sliced soya strips in it.
- Best in a lockable can and put it overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day you can fry these in a coated pan.
- For the sauce you also take all the ingredients and stir them. Creates a creamy consistency.
- If you like, you can prepare it one day before.
- Put the yeast, water and maple syrup in a bowl and leave it for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, you can measure all other ingredients and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the mixture of yeast and knead with the kneading hook to a smooth dough.
- Let the dough stand for about 1 hour at room temperature until the dough has doubled.
- Now you can finish the mixture for brushing. Simply mix all ingredients except sesame and black cumin.
- Now knead the whole thing again and divide the dough into 4 equal-sized parts.
- Roll this round (about 1 inch thick) and brush it with the Aquafaba mixture. And spread the sesame and black curd evenly.
- Leave the whole covered for about 30 minutes and heat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Bake the bread for about 20 minutes or until the desired tanning degree is reached
- Slice the bread open like a bun. Let one end close.
- Put the soy strips in.
- Cover with sauce
- Put your other ingredients of your choice and put some sauce again
What else I used:
Maybe you like: