The time zooms along, doesn’t it?
Easter is now two weeks ago. :O Hours turn rapidly into minutes. Now with the two little ones (2.5 year and almost 1 year) you don’t have really time. Days could have 36 hours and that wouldn’t be enough for getting done everything.
Of course, I do not want to withhold the recipe of the popular sunny side up cake. After my fellows liked it so much on Instagram and Facebook. We had this delicious cake on Easter Sunday. I had been thinking about which cake would be the best for Easter. Easter is connected with Easter eggs and this was our first Easter without egg coloring. So I thought this would be just the perfect cake for us.
The cake which looks like a cake with sunny side up eggs on top. Actually, these are apricot halves. The cake was so damn good that we could eat the whole pan alone.
My cake recipes are usually veganized cake recipes of my family and friends.
If you want to try to veganize your own family recipes go to my post Egg Replacements. Or just write me, I would like to try for you.
Has anyone already experience with the KitchenAid grain mill?
This is definitely one of my next purchases or maybe a birthday or Christmas gift. Unforttunately, it still takes some time until October.
But now to my recipe for the cake. I used a rectangular spring form. If you like the cake than share the recipe with your friends.
Recipe: Sunny side up cake
- 2 Chia eggs (mix 2 tsp in 3 tbsp of water and allow to stand for 30 minutes)
- 120 ml of oil (molten coconut oil or rapeseed oil, sunflower oil)
- 3 tbsp of plant milk
- 160g apple sauce, unsweetened
- 750 ml of milk (plantbased)
- 2 packs Pudding powder vanilla (vegan or homemade for 1l milk)
- 80 g cane sugar
- 500 g cream fraiche (vegan homemade, bought is also fine)
- 1 can of apricot halves, unsweetened
- 500 ml apricot juice from the can + water
- 25 g potato starch
- 50 g of cane sugar
- First prepare the chia eggs. Mix the chia seeds in a small bowl with the water and let stand for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl for the kitchen machine. Add the wet ingredients to another container. When the chia eggs are ready, add everything to the mixing bowl and use the kitchen machine to make a stir dough.
- Put the dough into the baking dish and bake for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the cream. Cook the pudding with the powder and the milk. Stir the cream fraiche and spread over the cake. Spread the apricot halves.
- Bake the whole thing for another 15 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down. Once the cake has cooled down, prepare the glaze, mix all the ingredients together and bring to boil. Spread the mixture over the cake and the apricots.
- You can put the cake in the refrigerator until it is served, preferably overnight, then the cream and the glaze is solid.
Enjoy the cake