Who of you loved as a child the topkiss cake as much as I do? This is so popular with children, it should not be missed on a child Birthday party.
So I once tried a vegan variant. And I have to say it tastes really good. Even my two-year-old son tasted great and I believe other children will do it as well.
For the beaten Egg Whites I used Aquafaba (draining liquid of chickpeas). I just find it super great that something like that is possible.
I baked this cake to Welcome our vacations. We are off for a week and flying tomorrow to Cyprus and enjoying the time.
Here is the recipe: 20 cm cake form
- 180 g spelt flour
- 80 g of raw cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 190 ml of water
- 30 ml of oil
- 12 g baking powder
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a dough. So that there are no more dry spots.
- Put in the greased cake form and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 25 min (180 ° Celsius)
Remove and allow to cool
- 70 g Aquafaba
- 110g raw cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tatar UK /US
- 1/2 tsp locust bean flour US
- 500g unsweetened Soya yogurt
- 40 g of chocolate flakes
- Aquafaba, sugar and cream of Tatar until beate, like Egg Whites
- Stir in the yoghurt and add the locust bean flour. Mix everything together again. Stir the chocolate flakes briefly.
- For about half an hour put it in the refrigerator
- Place the cake ring around the cake crust and distribute the mass on it and again into the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or until consumption.