I am fascinated by the fact that you can veganize almost every cake and you just do not have to miss the old family recipes. This is how I feel about the cheesecake. I had munchies for a long time for cheesecake.
Do you feel the same? Do you not want to give up your family recipes like cheesecake?
I rummage around “old” recipes. The cheesecake comes originally with 1kg cream cheese, so I had to figured out how I can replace this best. On the silken tofu, which I buy here and then, it is written that you can use it for cheesecake. Actually, I thought about to use it for the recipe.
So far I have used this as egg replacement, e.g. for scrambled eggs.
Then I reflected on. Actually, yogurt comes quite close to the cream cheese thing. Just the yoghurt is not quite as firm as cream cheese. However, I feared that the yoghurt would not be solid enough and the cake filling still ran away. I decided to give the yogurt a chance and simply use more starch than the recipe says.
For yogurt I like to take an unsweetened variant. Doing it yourself is also an option. I’m trying to do without sugar. And in cake I sweet also less than in the recipe is written. Usually, the sugar is too high. I have found for myself a formula that lends the appropriate sweetness I want in my baked goods.
A few days later I also tried homemade curd cheese/ German Quark. I Even found it more delicious and firmer than yoghurt. Once I Will give it also a chance and look what is coming out. I will keep you updated.
I have always been a big fan of fruit in cakes, so I thought: Then we just take a few tangerines/clementins for the cheesecake.
And cheesecake with beaten egg whites is of course damn delicious. Pretty good that I still set aside dripping water from chickpeas, so I could use this directly. You must know that I always set aside it. There are so many usages for this. I use it already sometimes in the cake dough.
I hope the cake tastes just as good as us. If you bake the cake, show your result with #veeatcookbake or link me to your post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- 200 g spelt flour
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 1 chia egg, let stand for 30 min
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g apple sauce, unsweetend
- 1 kg yogurt unsweetened
- 500 ml plant milk
- 50 ml of oil
- 4 EL Aquafaba
- 4 Pinches turmeric
- 100 g cane sugar
- 3 pck of vanilla pudding, or homemade
- 2 cans of tangerine, drain
- The ingredients for the dough are kneaded to a dough. Put it in a springform with a baking paper with an approx. 4 cm high edge.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cheese mixture. First, beat the Aquafaba a bit and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the filling on the dough. The cheese cake now comes into the preheated oven (175 ° C) for 50 min.
- After 40 minutes of baking time, beat the Aquafaba. Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat to the right. This takes some minutes, just do not give up. It looks like beaten egg whites
- Spread the “snow” on the cake and bake for another 10 min.
Maybe you like: