7 2 95
These delicious pastry cupcakes with a vanilla cream filling are vegan and perfect to bring with for easter holiday. Everyone will love these apricot cupcakes, not just vegans. They taste incredibly refreshing and are therefore the perfect dessert or the perfect “cake” for afternoon snack (tea time).
In Germany we are saying: Coffee Time. What do you say for the midafternoon snack around 3-4 pm?
Do you already have plans for Easter and do not know what to bring or take with you? Then try these delicious cupcakes that are prepared in minutes. For the pastry you can buy some from the store, should it go fast. Otherwise, you can prepare your own. The recipe for home-made whole grain pastry dough comes soon. Be curious. At Easter it may sometimes be the unhealthier option.
I’m so happy to see your creations. Take a hot and show it to me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter. Tagging me with @veeatcookbake and #veeatcookbake. So I do not miss anything. I’m curious what you created.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the puff pastry into 11 equal squares. These squares should be big enough to fit nicely into a muffin shape. Mine were about 9cmx9cm. It's best to try it out. Put the puff pastry squares into the muffin dish so that it is well-filled and the pudding can be put in later.
- For the filling, put all remaining ingredients except the apricots in a saucepan and mix well so that no lumps are formed. Bring the almond milk to a boil and remove from the heat. Distribute the cream evenly on the puff pastry. It could be that there is still some pudding left. You can spoon it directly. It just tastes too good to keep it.
- Now put the apricot halves with the outside up, on top.
- Put the muffin tin in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Make sure that the puff pastry is nice and brown. Depending on the oven, it can be longer or shorter.
7 2 95