Today I would like to introduce you a recipe, which took some time to create. This sausage tastes super delicious on the grill or fried in the pan. The chickpeas make the seitan tender and get a sausage-like consistency.
We often grill, so for me had a delicious alternative, which does not need any animal suffering. We often grilling some zucchini, corn, potatoes. There are no limits, use your fantasy. Try these delicious Tofu Skewers
I hope you like them as well as us. Even non-vegans tried these and found it delicious.
Seitan with chickpeas
My first attempt was to make the seitan with tofu. However, I found the consistency not so intoxicating. Too dry, crumbly. Then I tried pureed chickpeas instead and the consistency was great. Now I just had to find the perfect relationship of chickpeas and gluten flour.
Just try this super delicious recipe. I am happy about your opinion. Tag me with Veeatcookbake on Instagram or Facebook and show me your creations.
- 100 g chickpeas, pureed
- 4 tbsp neutral oil (optional)
- 200 g gluten flour
- 400 ml - ¼ cup of water *
- 2 teaspoon smoked salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel of a half lemon
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, white
- ½ tsp mustard powder *
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ tsp pepper powder edelsweet
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp piment powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp miso paste or yeast extract (optional)
- ½ tsp Locust bean gum
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup of beetroot juice (for coloring)
- baking paper
- aluminum foil
- Steaming pot *
- Mix all ingredients except the gluten flour. Now add the liquid to the flour and knead until a homogeneous dough is formed.
- Let it sit
- Now prepare the baking paper. To do this, you cut the baking paper into squares of 30cm x 30cm.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll out sausages. Place a sausage on a baking paper square and roll it in. Turns the ends together, like a candy and reinforces the ends with a piece of alufoil.
- Now the sausages are steamed or simmered for an hour.
You have to reduce the amount of water by ¼ cup, because you still add beetroot juice.
* Mustard powder
If you do not find mustard powder, you can even finely grind the mustard seeds
*Steaming or Simmering
You can Steam the Seitan hot dogs or simmer in a Water beetroot broth with the same spices like in the hot dogs.
Maybe you like: